Summer School at Linz.
A cooperation with Boston College.
Why KU Linz?
- A forward-thinking research focused University with a long tradition
- Expertise in the development of tailor made programs
- A friendly, safe, and green environment in the center of the city
- A great location: Austria!
- Three- or six-week programs comprising academic activities with related field trips
- Excursions will be part of the courses: e.g.: the Abbey of Kremsmuenster, local examples of contemporary church architecture, the Ars Electronica Center, etc.
- Up to 12 ECTS credits for entire six-week program.
- All courses will be graded. The grades will be based on presentations, term papers and active participation in the course.
- At least B2 level command of English required, (advanced)
- No previous knowledge of German required for the course "German for Theologians"
Bachelor and Master students in the Humanities (Theology, Philosophy, History, Art History, Social Sciences).
The Summer School is also open for PhD students.
- Full-time students
- Good command of English required, at least B2 level (advanced)
- Students can take as many courses as they like. Up to 12 ECTS for a six- week stay can be earned when attending "German for Theologians" in the morning and both afternoon courses.
- A six-week attendance will cost 600€, a three-week attendance 300€ (for 3 ECTS).
The fee covers course material (text will be provided electronically), filed trips, orientation, and a farewell get-together.
An additional health insurance for your stay in Austria is recommended.
For applicants from KU Linz partner universities a full scholarship for a three-week program (one per institution) is available. Please, check if your home university is a partner university.
For more information, contact the International Office at KU, Ms. Ruzica Romic BA: ku_international[at]ku-linz.at
Accommodation support involves help with booking a place in one of the dormitories nearby. The costs for accommodation will to be borne by the students.