Unser Angebot. Ihre Vorteile.
Die KU Linz bietet internationalen Austauschstudierenden hervorragende Möglichkeiten, ein Semester lang in englischer Sprache in einem internationalen Umfeld zu studieren, indem sie zusammen mit KU Linz Studierende an KULIS - KU Linz International Semester teilnehmen. KULIS findet immer in Wintersemestern statt.
- Keine Vorkenntnisse der deutschen Sprache erforderlich
- Ausgezeichnetes Angebot an interdisziplinären Lehrveranstaltungen aus den Fachbereichen Philosophie, Kunstwissenschaft und Theologie
- Multikulturelles Umfeld
- German Languages Course, Orientation Week, Buddy Program und Field Trips
- Idealer Ausgangspunkt für Reisen innerhalb Europas
You join us for our KULIS held completely in English taking place in winter terms
Incoming students will experience two wonderful weeks from the middle of September in order to get acquainted with the city of Linz, Austrian culture, and with each other.
The program includes a variety of activities: visiting Linz’ most famous sights and attractions, participating in an intensive German course as well as in several field trips. Here is an exemplary overview:
- Sightseeing and Get-Together Events
- Intensive German Course for Beginners (2 ECTS, Course Outline)
The KU Linz Buddy Program matches new incoming international students with friendly upper-year KU-students called Buddies. Each incoming student will be able to enjoy the support of a KU student in finding one’s bearings at KU Linz.
The following semester courses will be offered in Autumn 2023/24:
- The Impact of Religion and Value Systems on European Cultures (3 ECTS)
Guanzini / Koci - Course Outline
- Urban Ministry (3 ECTS)
Muchova - Course Outline
- History of Philosophy: Antiquity and Middle Ages (5 ECTS)
Moser - Course Outline
- Research Ethics (5 ECTS)
Fuchs - Course Outline
- The Shadows of Past (3 ECTS)
Schmoller - Course Outline
- Tadeusz Kantor in the context of European art after 1945 (5 ECTS)
Leisch-Kiesl - Course Outline
- The Educational Value of Friendship (2 ECTS)
Kristjánsson - Course Outline
- Bioethics - a Historical and Topical Introduction (5 ECTS)
Juric - Course Outline
- Mozart- Bruckner – Strauß. Exploring Austrias musical tradition between “Tanzboden” (dance floor), church and concert hall (1 ECTS)
Donhoffer - Course Outline
- Introduction to Christianity (3 ECTS)
Koci - Course Outline
Students can choose from all courses offered, we recommend them to choose at least 15 ECTS points
- Full-time students
- Sufficient English ability
How to apply for KULIS
To join KULIS, students from partner universities need to be nominated by their home institution. The International Office at your home institution sends your nomination to ku_international[at]ku-linz.at, giving your surname, first name, e-mail address and degree program and we will proceed with your application.
Students from non-partner universities, can apply sending us CV, Motivation Letter and Transcript of Records: ku_international[at]ku-linz.at
Application Deadline: 30th of May 2023
We recommend that you apply as early as possible to ensure that you receive all necessary information and visa support documents on time!
For more information, please check our flyer.