Dates: May 19 through June 25, 2021
Time: Monday -Friday 14:45-18:00
The course aims at developing research-oriented reading and translation competences for the study of theological texts in German. On the basis of entry level German grammar, vocabulary, and syntax participants will develop an understanding of the structure of German written language and to apply strategic tools to gain a general overview of a text and, to a lesser degree, specific details.
Lecturer: FH-Prof. Mag. Martin Kimmel and Mag.a Antonia Krainer
- Three- or six-week programs comprising academic activities with related field trips
- Excursions will be part of the courses: e.g.: the Abbey of Kremsmuenster, local examples of contemporary church architecture, the Ars Electronica Center, etc.
- Up to 12 ECTS credits for entire six-week program.
- All courses will be graded. The grades will be based on presentations, term papers and active participation in the course.
- At least B2 level command of English required, (advanced)
- No previous knowledge of German required for the course "German for Theologians"
Bachelor and Master students in the Humanities (Theology, Philosophy, History, Art History, Social Sciences).
The Summer School is also open for PhD students.
- Full-time students
- Good command of English required, at least B2 level (advanced)
- Students can take as many courses as they like. Up to 12 ECTS for a six- week stay can be earned when attending "German for Theologians" in the morning and both afternoon courses.
- A six-week attendance will cost 600€, a three-week attendance 300€ (for 3 ECTS).
The fee covers course material (text will be provided electronically), filed trips, orientation, and a farewell get-together.
An additional health insurance for your stay in Austria is recommended.
For applicants from KU Linz partner universities a full scholarship for a three-week program (one per institution) is available. Please, check if your home university is a partner university.
For more information, contact the International Office at KU, Ms. Angelina Kratschanova, BA, EMBA: ku_international[at]ku-linz.at
Accommodation support involves help with booking a place in one of the dormitories nearby. The costs for accommodation will to be borne by the students.
How to apply
Please, send a CV, motivation letter, and a transcript of records to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: April 30th, 2021
All applicants will receive a note on whether they have been accepted or not within two weeks after submission of their application.
Further informations can be found here.
Due to that fact and the travel restriction in several countries, we decided to postpone our Summer School to summer 2021.
All students that applied for the summer courses are mostly welcome to join us next year!
Dates: June 29 through August 7, 2020
Location: Catholic University of Linz (KU), Linz, Austria