Our offer. Your advantages.
KU Linz offers international exchange students excellent opportunities to study in English in an international environment for one semester by participating in KULIS - KU Linz International Semester, together with KU Linz students. KULIS always takes place in winter terms.
- No previous knowledge of the German language required
- Excellent range of interdisciplinary courses from the departments of philosophy, art studies and theology
- Multicultural environment
- German Languages Courses, Cross-Cultural Communication, Orientation Week, Buddy Programm, and Field Trips
- Ideal starting point for travel within Europe
You join us for our KULIS held completely in English taking place in winter terms
Incoming students will experience two wonderful weeks from the middle of September in order to get acquainted with the city of Linz, Austrian culture, and with each other.
The program includes a variety of activities: visiting Linz’ most famous sights and attractions, participating in an intensive German course as well as in several field trips. Here is an exemplary overview:
- Sightseeing and Get-Together Events
- Intensive German Course for Beginners (2 ECTS, Course Outline)
- Cross-Cultural Communication Course and Guided field trips such as to The Mauthausen Memorial, the Benedictine Monasteries at Kremsmünster, Admont (with the largest monastery library of the world), or Melk, the Bruckner Organ at St. Florian Monastery etc. (3 ECTS, Course Outline)
The KU Linz Buddy Program matches new incoming international students with friendly upper-year KU-students called Buddies. Each incoming student will be able to enjoy the support of a KU student in finding one’s bearings at KU Linz.
The following semester courses will be offered in Autumn 2021/22:
- The Shadows of Past: Linz and Upper Austria in the Nazi-Period (3 ECTS) - Kirchmayr/Schmoller - Course Outline
- Mozart – Bruckner – Strauß. Exploring Austrias musical tradition between „Tanzboden“ (dance floor), church and concert hall (2 ECTS) - Donhoffer
- The Old Testament in Film (2 ECTS) - Gillmayr-Bucher/Lass - Course Outline
- The Impact of Religion and Value Systems on European Cultures (3 ECTS) - Guanzini - Course Outline
- What is Church for? Exploring Ministry Today (3 ECTS) - Muchova - Course Outline
- Fundamental Themes of Old Testament Theologies (3 ECTS) - Gillmayr-Bucher/Lass
- Benedictine Spirituality: Early Wisdom for Life Today (1 ECTS) - Eckerstorfer - Course Outline
- Hobbes and Rousseau: Fundamental Topics in Political Philosophy (3 ECTS) - James - Course Outline
- Drawing Places. Concepts of (contemporary) drawing (5 ECTS) - Leisch-Kiesl
- Knowledge from the Senses (5 ECTS) - Moser - Course Outline
- History of Christian Spirituality (3 ECTS) - Mucha
- German for Beginners (3 ECTS)
- Tandem Language Exchange (2 ECTS)
Students can choose from all courses offered, we recommend them to choose at least 15 ECTS points
- Full-time students
- Sufficient English ability
How to apply for KULIS
To join KULIS, students from partner universities need to be nominated by their home institution. The International Office at your home institution sends your nomination to ku_international[at]ku-linz.at, giving your surname, first name, e-mail address and degree program and we will proceed with your application.
Students from non-partner universities, can apply sending us CV, Motivation Letter and Transcript of Records: ku_international[at]ku-linz.at
Application Deadline: 30th of May 2022
We recommend that you apply as early as possible to ensure that you receive all necessary information and visa support documents on time!
For more information, please check our flyer.