You are interested in getting to know the Catholic Private University Linz and study here for a semester or two?
Then join us as an exchange- or visiting student in Linz!
There are two possibilities to study here with different application procedure:
Incoming students will experience two wonderful weeks from the middle of September in order to get acquainted with the city of Linz, Austrian culture, and with each other.
The program includes a variety of activities: visiting Linz’ most famous sights and attractions, participating in an intensive German course as well as in several field trips. Here is an exemplary overview:
- Sightseeing and Get-Together Events
- Intensive German Course for Beginners (3 ECTS) - Course Outline
- Cross-Cultural Communication Course and Guided field trips such as to The Mauthausen Memorial, the Benedictine Monasteries at Kremsmünster, Admont (with the largest monastery library of the world), or Melk, the Bruckner Organ at St. Florian Monastery etc. (3 ECTS) - Course Outline
The KU Linz Buddy Program matches new incoming international students with friendly upper-year KU-students called Buddies. Each incoming student will be able to enjoy the support of a KU student in finding one’s bearings at KU Linz.
The following semester courses will be offered in Autumn 2020/21:
- What does it take to get (us) (to) thinking (3 ECTS)- Course Outline
- Philosophical Perspectives on Gender (2 ECTS) - Course Outline
- The Impact of Religions and Value Systems on European Cultures (3 ECTS) - Course Outline
- Global Art and Gender (5 ECTS) - Course Outline
- Selected Themes of Fundamental Theology (3 ECTS)- Course Outline
- Fundamental Themes of Old Testament Theologies (3 ECTS) - Course Outline
- Old Testament exegesis: advanced level (3ECTS)- Course Outline
- Architecture and Power. Political Representations in East and West (5 ECTS)- Course Outline
- Bioethics (3 ECTS)- Course Outline
- German Course (3ECTS)- Course Outline
Students can choose from all courses offered, we recommend them to choose at least 15 ECTS points
- Full-time students
- Sufficient English ability
How to apply for KULIS
To join KULIS, students from partner universities need to be nominated by their home institution. The International Office at your home institution sends your nomination to ku_international[at]ku-linz.at, giving your surname, first name, e-mail address and degree program and we will proceed with your application.
Students from non-partner universities, can apply sending us CV, Motivation Letter and Transcript of Records: ku_international[at]ku-linz.at
Application Deadline: 15th of June 2020
We recommend that you apply as early as possible to ensure that you receive all necessary information and visa support documents on time!
For more information, please check our flyer.